Queen's 1978 hit Don't Stop Me Now is officially the number one feel-good song of all time.
"The hit has just the right tempo, lyrics and is played in the musical key identified as producing a happy feeling," a cognitive neuroscientist at the University of Groningen in Holland has found.
"Positive lyrics were important but a high tempo of 150 beats per minute also subconsciously makes people feel energised. Putting the song into a third major key – the third note or chord in a musical scale – also produced a happy sounding song," is a Dr. Jacob Jolij's scientific formula to list the top uplifting sounds.
And here is the list:
1. Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)
2. Dancing Queen (Abba)
3. Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)
4. Uptown Girl (Billie Joel)
5. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
6. I'm a Believer (The Monkeys)
7. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
8. Livin' on a Prayer (Jon Bon Jovi)
9. I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
10. Walking on Sunshine (Katrina The Waves)
Which one is yours?