The self-balancing electric skateboard is all you need to get around in the summer.
California-based Future Motion created Onewheel electric skateboard, fittingly naming it after the number of wheels it needs to make the ride possible. As they say, it's "all about creating the ultimate riding experience and having more fun than the rest since day 1."
The Onewheel comes with solid-state inertial sensors and algorithms that balance the board around the wheel. You can use it hands-free. All you need to learn is how to lean forward to drive forward, back to stop and how to press your heels or toes to turn. The high-performance lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries provide extended ride time and they only need a little one hour to get full ycharged with the ultra charger.
Provided by Future Motion, here are further specs:
- Battery: 48 V lithium nano-phosphate (LiFePO4)
- Controller: Custom 6 DOF MEMS IMU and BLDC driver. Self-balancing
- Motor: 500 W continuous hub motor, direct drive
- Speed: 12 mph (20 km/h)
- Dimensions: 30 x 9 x 11.5 in (760 x 230 x 290 mm)
- Range: 4 to 6 miles (6 to 9 km, depending on terrain and riding style)
- Recharge time: 20 minutes with fast charger, 120 minutes with standard charger
- Weight: 25 lb (11 kg)